Clamped fin, swelling, lethargic.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What's wrong with my goldfish?
Parameters of my qt: .00 ammonia
Nitrites .00 nitrates 10ppm
Please help! I might take him to the vet. But I'd like some knowledge before I do

Aaron, I asked you two days ago when you posted this if your fish was swollen/pineconing and you did not respond. I am assuming this is the same fish and you have moved him to a qt? What are his symptoms now? If you have a vet, take him there but please be honest with the vet about the situation he was living in, the water parameters and his exposure to numerous unqt'd fish so he/she will be able to help him better.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/is-my-goldfish-sick-244323.html

jlk said:
Aaron, I asked you two days ago when you posted this if your fish was swollen/pineconing and you did not respond. I am assuming this is the same fish and you have moved him to a qt? What are his symptoms now? If you have a vet, take him there but please be honest with the vet about the situation he was living in, the water parameters and his exposure to numerous unqt'd fish so he/she will be able to help him better.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/is-my-goldfish-sick-244323.html

Oh I'm sorry I've been a bit spacey lately. I have a couple sick animals. My dog got bit by a spider. So I've been in and out of the vet.

Now he's sitting on the bottom of
The tank. But I think it might be because the qt is is too small for him. He was in a 60 gallon and

He has clamped fin still. He's swelling behind his gills still. He is eating though. Should I get a larger qt tank?

What size is the qt? If you want a definitive answer to his issues, take him to the vet. If you want to try some different things at home & hope the best, you can do this as well. If his stomach is starting to swell or his scales start to stick out, take him to vet asap. Is he eating at all? Is he still gulping at surface? Does he appear to have rapid or hard time breathing?

jlk said:
What size is the qt? If you want a definitive answer to his issues, take him to the vet. If you want to try some different things at home & hope the best, you can do this as well. If his stomach is starting to swell or his scales start to stick out, take him to vet asap. Is he eating at all? Is he still gulping at surface? Does he appear to have rapid or hard time breathing?

I looked at him today. It doesn't appear that the scales are sticking up. But he is taking big gulps of air at the bottom of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom