Cleaning an Empty Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmurray407

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am setting up my 29 gal tank after it's been empty for the past two years-my grand daughters "took care" of my fish while I was on vacation :) I cleaned everything well before I put it away but feel like it all should be cleaned again before setting it back up. The filters have been in a sealed container but the aquarium itself has gotten fairly dusty inside. I've read that white vinegar and water is a good cleanser for the inside glass-any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Deb

White vinegar works great for cleaning out tanks. It should be all you need, but in case of some tougher hard water stains, pick up a pack of razor blades so you can scrape the glass. I would use a damp paper towel to wipe out the dust, then give it a nice scrub with a new sponge (that has never seen soap) and some white vinegar, then rinse it and see if there is anything that needs to be scraped off with a blade. Heh, I have four used tanks in need of cleaning like this right now.

Back
Top Bottom