cloudy water and its not going away.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I am starting my 75 gal community tank and I have put the sand and gravel in and filled the tank. I hooked up my first canister filter (Eheim 2217) and I have never used one so I am not sure but I am wondering if its causing the water to stay cloudy? Its been running for 3 days and I haven't seen a change in clarity. I have put my hand down by the inlet of the filter tube and it doesn't seem to have much suction to it. Any ideas what could be causing the cloudy water?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130618_100004.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130618_100004.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 50
Wait longer, it took my 29 gallon 3 WEEKS to clear up. Do water changes 1 time a week but do NOT suck the crap from the gravel, you want the murky stuff to fall to the gravel and stay there so you can get it out in water changes down the road.

I'd say wait it out as well....my 29 gal took a couple weeks as well! it will clear eventually.
Like Bambinojake said do the water changes about once a week

Well it seems that I just need to have more patience because the water looks pretty good now. I still have some small air bubbles floating around. Will these bubbles cause problems with fish? I was going to add a couple of hardy fish this weekend and have heard stories that floating bubbles may harm the fish. Thoughts?

The water will indeed clear as the fine particles are either removed by the filter or settle out into the substrate. The air bubbles won't hurt the fish but do you know where they are coming from? Or are they still settling out from filling the tank?

So you are going to do a fish in cycle? Have you done one before? If not this is a good article to read.... I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice.

Back
Top Bottom