Clown Fish Bloated Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drillsar

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 clown fish both of them bloated, 1 is really bad. Is it that im not feeding them enough? I feed every 2 days with Frozen Brine Shrimp. Any suggestions Please.

Feeding brine shrimp is like feeding you and me twinkies. They taste good but do nothing nutritional for us. Same for your fish. Try feeding a variety to them. Nothing wrong with brine but only once a week. I feed mine every other day.

It's not a big deal. Ur fish will only be bloated for a few hours. I've read from a book that bloated stomach is caused by air contained in the food that the fish eat. 1 of my clown used to be bloated everytime i feed her flakes. I stopped feeding flakes and she has never been bloated anymore.

They might be sick. I'm not sure what it is called, but i think that might be a symptom of that specific disease. Are they like that only after feeding?

Another thing you might want to do is soak their food in Selcor, garlic, Zoe. That should add some nutrition to your brine. I also mix my brine with mysis. I'm not sure about the flakes....

Back
Top Bottom