Clown on it's side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmedley2070

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My clown has started hanging out at the top of the tank when the lights are on and swimming on it's side. :( I've had it for about a month and this is the first time it's done this. Also in my 75 gallon is a second clown and 2 yellow tails with several snails and 2 emerald crabs.
My water is 80 deg, 1.022 sg, nitrates 20, nitrites 0.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete Medley

How old is your tank now? Are all the other fish active? Does he look sick/breathing heavy? Is he still eating, and what do you feed your fish? Do you have good water movement with ph aimed toward the top to give your tank plenty of oxygen?

What are your other water parameters ie: PH, NH3, & do you use tap or a ro/di for water?

Here's a me too post. I have 2 false percs and my little one does it all the time when the lights are out. It worries me, but he acts normal any other time. First time I saw it I dropped a few pellets in there and he quickly righted himself and swam after the food.

He's behaved this way for about 2 weeks now.

All other fish act fine.

All levels at 0 except for nitrate which is around .15.

I'm not worrying until something happens. Is yours still doing it?

mine does it every night.i bought the tank about 3 months ago and he has always done it.like you sayed though, we always rights himself quickly with no problems.i dont have any anemone though so i think he must be getting out of the way. he does rub on my mushrooms sometimes. thats pretty funny to watch :)

Back
Top Bottom