CO2 and dosing questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingtrees

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, have a 5 month old 55 gallon planted tank. Everything is going well but I always wonder if it could be better. Anyway, what do you all use for fertilizer tabs and supplements? Do you dose with the lights on or off?

Currently I am using seachem products (flourish, advance and just purchased potassium). Seeing a big difference in root production since using the advanced.

Second question, in regards to a CO2 drop checker, what is the range that is safe for fish? I know green is good and yellow is bad, but I have sensitive loaches that enjoy oxygen rich water and I want more info so I can be less gun shy to bring the CO2 higher.

Stock includes - 8 praecox rainbows and 12 Laos pygmy multibanded loaches. Will eventually add 2 apisto and a pleco or 2.1604336102618.jpeg

I use Aquarium Co-op's "Easy Green." I like the convenience of all-in-one dosing. There are many good all-in-one on the market and, to be honest, I like them better than the Seachem line.

As for CO2, I think as long as you find the range that stays green, you're fine. Just watch your loaches for signs of distress. My practice is to start the CO2 (on a timer) 1 hour before the lights go on and turn it off one hour before the lights go off.

I use Aquarium Co-op's "Easy Green." I like the convenience of all-in-one dosing. There are many good all-in-one on the market and, to be honest, I like them better than the Seachem line.

As for CO2, I think as long as you find the range that stays green, you're fine. Just watch your loaches for signs of distress. My practice is to start the CO2 (on a timer) 1 hour before the lights go on and turn it off one hour before the lights go off.
The ease of the all in one is pretty appealing. I may have to give it a go when my Seachem is finished.

The loaches just have a habit of sitting near the in-flow. Which is underneath my lace plant (loach playset). No distress other than maybe some rubbing on my driftwood. They are a lot of fun to watch.

My CO2 come a on about 90 minutes prior to lights on and goes out about 90 minutes prior to lights out.

Back
Top Bottom