CO2 Diffusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishinfreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering what would be some of my best options are for diffusing DIY CO2. So far Im considering putting it into the intake of my AC or maybe make one with a plastic syringe and cotton ball thingies. This is for a 6.6g tank and the CO2 generator is a Smartwater bottle that is about 1.5L

Right into the intake, impeller will choppy chopph the bubbles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I put it into my canister intake. Never see any bubbles so supposedly its all diffused. I'm not sure though because I can put it on easily 5+ bubbles per second for days on end and nothing strange happens, no fish gasping, no plant pearling, nothing.

I'll be following too. Filter intakes are generally considered a great, free solution.

Also, what type of yeast do you guys use? I know champagne is the best, but being 15 Im not sure if I can go into a brewing store to get it, or if there are even brewery stores around me. For now the only yeast I can find around the house is Red Star Quick Rise. Will this be ok for now, maybe with a really short life?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407961549.922719.jpg sorry about IPod pics

Also, what type of yeast do you guys use? I know champagne is the best, but being 15 Im not sure if I can go into a brewing store to get it, or if there are even brewery stores around me. For now the only yeast I can find around the house is Red Star Quick Rise. Will this be ok for now, maybe with a really short life?
View attachment 246635 sorry about IPod pics

Any yeast will work. There's also no age restriction on buying yeast :)

In fact, you could just leave the container open and grow your own household yeast if you really wanted :)

So if you leave it in aerobic conditions, it will multiply? Do you activate it first to do this? :thanks:

It'll take longer but there is yeast on just about every surface of your home. It would eventually start multiplying although it would take longer to get a bottle going.

If you let sugar water sit out it will ferment due to yeast that is floating around.

Basically, it doesn't really matter what yeast source you use.
Ok, now I get it, but i think ill stick to buying yeast for now.

Back
Top Bottom