co2 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used or is using co2 Tablets in their tanks. I have been trying to help my plants with a DIY system but I don't think I am getting enough in the tank to be of any use. Can co2 Tablets help if I bury them towards the back of the tank where most of my plants are. Or for that matter anywhere I have plants at in the tank? I am going to bury the co2 tube into the gravel and see what that does until I hear back from you all. Thanks in advance!!

Co2 tablets? Is that like a fizz tablet that dissolves and releases co2? If so I wouldn't use it just because you really need to maintain a steady co2 source.

What size tank are you doing the diy co2 on? You could try for a better method of diffusion (maybe a reactor) or ideally spring for an actual pressurized co2 setup. You can piece it together, you don't have to buy it all once.

Thought about that, have 55 gal right now I am going to set up my co2 system a little differently to see if it helps. I will be running a tube all the way across the back of the tank, and will have little holes in the tube for the co2 to get into the water. Place it right in front of the 12" bubblier.

The problem is you do not want to run a bubbler while doing Co2. Aeration makes the co2 gas off, so you want the water to be as still as possible while injecting co2.

An ideal setup would be a small powerhead or canister that doesn't churn the water too much but still moves everything around.

The problem is you do not want to run a bubbler while doing Co2. Aeration makes the co2 gas off, so you want the water to be as still as possible while injecting co2.

An ideal setup would be a small powerhead or canister that doesn't churn the water too much but still moves everything around.

Didn't know that about the bubblier. I will try it without it on, Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom