co2 indicators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foster53

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been looking at the Red Sea co2 indicator. seems pretty decent for the cost. Although I don't know much about them. What checkers are other people using. What is considered the better one?

By CO2 indicator, you mean drop checker?

I used the cheapo bell from ebay with some DIY 4dKH and low range pH test solution.

Right drop checker. What do you think of the Red Sea brand. Its only $10. i will have to get someone to explain about the diy co2 solution. I don't know much about that type thing. Until I get one, what ph would indicate enough co2 in the water? I don't think I am putting enough in the tank. The plants are browning out as soon as the new growth appears. They are growing but look terrible. Looks just like diatoms, but won't rub off.

I can't really comment on CO2 levels and pH without knowing your KH, and if you've got any DW the whole thing is bunk.

The Redsea CO2 checker seems fine... It will certainly get the job done, and the fact that it has a white background to read the color with seems nice.

As far as the plant thing goes, I advise you to take some pictures, measure your water parameters, and start a thread in the planted tank section with all the details of your setup, including light levels, tank age, plank species, stocking, substrate, and anything else you can think of.

Thanks!! I will get some pics this weekend, and start a thread with all info.

Back
Top Bottom