co2 reactor idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
since i dont want the expense of buying a co2 system i want to try the diy, i think i will do the 2 ltr bottle thing and have the air line go into another bottle that has the tubing rapped in circles going down to the bottom of the bottle then out into the tank, will that help any
the ones i see, the hagen syste, has the bubble thing like that where it goes down a series of declines... what that do?

will this produce enugh co2 and where will i put the tub in my tank?

thanks

That won't help becasue it is still in a tube, and not really exposed to tank water. The spiral design and the ladder design you are refering to do one thing...they maximize the time the CO2 bubble touches tank water before it rises to the surface and pops. The longer the bubble touches tank water, the more gas gets dissovled into the water. If you watch a bubble travel up the ladder, it gets smaller and smaller.

You can also help it dissolve by increasing surface area. (making one big bubble, many smaller bubbles)

so if i do the simple idea where its just a 2 ltr bottle with teh solution and then the co2 tube going into the intake tube and then that goes into the filter spinner thing, dont know techincal name, that breaks it up and it then fals into the take thru the output

correct?

Correct. That would be the easiest and most economical option to try first. See what levels you get, then try again if it isn't working for you.

Back
Top Bottom