Columnaris... What treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chimbica

Aquarium Advice Regular
So here it goes, again, after stupidly transfering my fancy goldfish to their new 40 gallon tank without cycling it, I noticed a day later my moor goldfish had white fuzzy stuff all over.
Checked all my levels, everything was perfect, temp etc
Ammonia burn is black, so I ruled that out, cottony fungus it columnaris, behavior wise columnaris fits, either at bottom breathing heavy or sitting at bottom
This all started on Saturday, started Tetra Lifeguard All in One( the store said that would cure it) it's now wednesday and it got worse! So today I switched to Maraycn, cause another store said that was the best, so did the box. When i 1st started the tetra lifeguard i did water change and emptied carbon and tank is at 70.

It has spread everywhere! In between his tail fins at the base, his nostrils, but unlike the Columnaris description, not red around edges, no sores,.. So cottony fungus??

He has made it this far, still eats , and his buddy is doing great, what should i do??

I heard something about neg and pos bacterias and maracyn not the right choice, and maybe Furan??

Love any input! Thanks! Really love this guy, rescued him this past summer, I hope I haven't killed him or led him to his death cause of my stupidity and me listening to Petsmart!

Also, just tested nitrites, two mins ago, it was at zero for past week, now it's somewhere between 0 and 0.25 ...plus I ran out of conditioner to do water changes...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom