Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dagon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. I wonder if you can help.

Is it ok to keep khuli loaches with Amanos shrimps? Or will the shrimps come off badly?

Any thoughts welcome.

I have both in my tank for several months and no problems. But be aware that the Amanos will steal all the loach pellets and carry it off to eat. So make sure there are enough for everyone.

I have both in my tank for several months and no problems. But be aware that the Amanos will steal all the loach pellets and carry it off to eat. So make sure there are enough for everyone.

Thanks for the advice - I'm glad they can be kept together. Makes my plans easier!!

They get too big to worry about with kuhlis. Observe how confused this peacock gudgeon is over the size of the amano shrimp.

I imagine it's thinking something along the lines of, "You HAVE to be kidding me with this thing, right?"

Edit: As TMaier was saying, the amano did grab the wafer and try to run away with it

Attachments

• IMG_20170430_193109.jpg
    IMG_20170430_193109.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
They get too big to worry about with kuhlis. Observe how confused this peacock gudgeon is over the size of the amano shrimp.

I imagine it's thinking something along the lines of, "You HAVE to be kidding me with this thing, right?"

Edit: As TMaier was saying, the amano did grab the wafer and try to run away with it

Hum. I see his dilemma ....

Back
Top Bottom