Completed myfishless Cycle in Record Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halfcent

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Day one, March 26 I filled my 33 gallon aquarium with tap water treated with Prime. I then turned on my bubbler and cranked the heater up to 86 degrees. I turned my Aqua Clear 300 on with maximum flow and lowered the water level a couple of inches to get lots of oxygen bubbles. I added pure ammonia to bring the tank up to 5 pmm (using API Master Test Kit)

After four days and no change in my tank I went to our LFS and was able to get some aquarium gravel and he syphoned out some brown sludge for me. Back home I dumped everything into the tank and voila my Nitrites jumped to 5.0 pmm within two days.

Anyway to make a long story short, I kept adding a little ammonia each day and today I came home and my ammonia was at 0.0, my Nitrites were at 0.0 and my Nitrates were somewhere between 80 - 160 pmm. Did a major water change and cleaned one of my two sponges that I use in the Aqua Clear, lowered the temperature to 76 degrees dumped in a bunch of ammonia to bring it up to around 2.0 pmm and will check everything again in the morning.

If all is well by tomorrow afternoon there will be a school of Cory's checking out there new digs.

From start up to fish in the tank 14 days. Not to shabby.:):)

Wow, excellent! We had to learn about cycling post-getting into the hobby, and it's taken us about 7 weeks to complete our cycle. Way to go!

halfcent said:
Hi homedog98, that is the page I used for cycling and followed it exactly, worked for me.

You mean the link in my sig? Ya, I've learned to worship that link lol! I'm working on a new tank, and have probably memorized that thing!

Homedog98 said:
You mean the link in my sig? Ya, I've learned to worship that link lol! I'm working on a new tank, and have probably memorized that thing!

OMG!! On my iPod I clicked on it and it said page not found. Is that just on the app that it's messing up? Does it work for people on a real computer?

Bettababe1011 said:
OMG!! On my iPod I clicked on it and it said page not found. Is that just on the app that it's messing up? Does it work for people on a real computer?

It works... The website just doesn't work too well on the iPod.

Back
Top Bottom