Condensation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stanhope4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I have just purchased a Biorb 60 and being a complete novice so apologies if this is a stupid question

Its been 2 days since i filled the tank up and set it up, the heater seems to be working as the thermostat shows 25c

But above the water line i have condensation all the way around the inside of my tank and also small bubbles which go almost all the way around

is this normal?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

You are planning to cycle this tank before you put fish in... Right? If not... Read the link in my signature, but condensation is normal. The tank is just airing itself out so to speak, and will subside in a few days.

Thanks for the response, yes i'm cycling it as we speak with a product called stability recommended by my local aquarium centre and doing tests for ammonia and nitrates

stanhope4 said:
Thanks for the response, yes i'm cycling it as we speak with a product called stability recommended by my local aquarium centre and doing tests for ammonia and nitrates

Oh... Do you have a test kit?

Good stuff, ya never know, so it's just better to check! Sounds like your on the right track though, keep us updated!

1. Condensation is just something that will occur naturally in an aquarium, because unless you keep your house at a temp that is consistently higher than the water in the aquarium, you're going to have some evaporation.

2. Those bubbles on the inside of the tank were probably from when you filled up your tank the first time. If you want to get rid of them quickly you can just take a paper towel (make sure it won't scratch anything) and just wipe the bubbles off the inside. It's something that happens when you're adding a lot of water very quickly to an empty tank.

1. Condensation is just something that will occur naturally in an aquarium, because unless you keep your house at a temp that is consistently higher than the water in the aquarium, you're going to have some evaporation.

2. Those bubbles on the inside of the tank were probably from when you filled up your tank the first time. If you want to get rid of them quickly you can just take a paper towel (make sure it won't scratch anything) and just wipe the bubbles off the inside. It's something that happens when you're adding a lot of water very quickly to an empty tank.

+1

Back
Top Bottom