confession time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cougargirl50

Aquarium Advice Regular
I haven't been on here in awhile and guess what it's confession time. Not a good confession a bad confession. Of course many of you know that I have a 55 gallon F/W tank and since it has been up, I have been doing very well with the water changes and so on. :eek:
:cry: Here comes the confession part. I have slacked and slacked alot. I have done water changes and feedings like supposed to but as far as cleaning OMG it has been atleast 2 months since I cleaned the ornaments, the inside glass and such.
I started babysitting my niece who is now 6 months old and wants constant attention, her mother and father hold her ALL THE TIME and I mean ALL THE TIME, so I get the screaming all day long when I have her so to try and work with her and get my other household things done, I neglected my 55 gallon tank.
Monday my sister in law started 2nd shift so I only have my niece about an hour or 2 a day till her dad picks her up, so this gives me the time now to get back on the fish.
This morning I pulled everything as far as plants and decoration out of the tank, and not to my surprise crap was stirred up everywhere, it was in my book nasty. It got to the point It was hard to see the fish. But I cleaned everything not super good but enough (dont want to kill all the bacteria) and cleaned the inside of the glass and everything the glass was starting to to green at spots did a gravel vac and put everything back in and just checked a couple minutes ago and things are starting to look alot better. Now I'm just hoping that I didn't stir enough things up that I'm gonna lose some of my fish, you know with the stress of all that crap moving around and with me being in the tank. I have to keep my fingers crossed. They look pretty good but have to keep checking in the next couple days.
Now I have time to get back on and update my signature my pictures and all that( I still have pics of my 29 gallon that I had and don't even have that anymore). I don't even know what fish I have in my sig.
No not lazy. BUSY BUSY BUSY.
But I'm back on track now and ready to go.

Have a good one everyone and it's good to be back. :D [/b]

its ok... its very hard for me to clean under all my driftwood and my live plants so there is always a lot of junk on the bottom of my tank too. Every few months i do a real good gravel vac that takes forever because of all the decorations and aquascaping. For future reference, when ever I do deciede to vacuum well... I do about a 50% water change after i stir everything up which helps get alot of it out... then the fresh water i put back in seems to clear things up. Sometimes i keep stiring it up so the filter gets it before it sinks again, but like i said, i only do this once in a great while

Back
Top Bottom