Corydoras always so scared when someone approaches - they run away to hide and stay s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fanyfin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My corydoras are always so scared when someone even remotely approaches the tank. They panickingly rush back to hiding spots and stay so still like statues. Is this normal behavior for corydoras?

Sometimes even from 4 feet away away if they happen to (sense "movement outside" the tank) see someone approach when they're grazing about , they quickly dart around to hiding spots and stay so still acting as if they are dead.

This is happening for different types of corydoras in all of my tanks - 7 corydoras trilineatus in one tank, 6 corydoras pygmaeus in another tank. They've been like this from the start ever since I got them. My tanks have many other fish too including schooling fish like neon tetras and livebearers like platies and guppies. But still the corys are so terrified when someone approaches. All other fish are fine.

With my experience with Corys (past and present) no, it is not normal.
Corys are usually not bothered by anything, including fish their size or smaller.
In fact in my tank I presently have two very active Panda Corys and I can put my hand in the tank and, it's like my hand is not even there.... unless I get too close to one. ..

Back
Top Bottom