Critter identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben300

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451004186.067264.jpg
He can also turn in to a long worm

30 gallon reef jbj RL tank
40 gallon pleco tank

just don't handle a bristle worm that way , you need a pair of rubber gloves

It's not a bristle worm its a peanut worm I found out

30 gallon reef jbj RL tank
40 gallon pleco tank

I understand it is a peanut worm , I was just pointing out if you don't know what it is gloves should be worn , in all reality gloves should be worn any time you put your hands in your tank or handling anything you don't know what it is . I used to work on my tanks with no gloves , now I just look at my arm and know gloves need to go on ,
if you want a pict Ill be more than happy to pm you one. it's a little nasty to post here .
I have to deal with looking at my sw scars every day , and to think it was from a fish tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know what it was in your tank that got you 54seaweed?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

yes it was a large 2+ft Bristol worm that came inside a large piece of live rock I purchased
something I wasn't expecting ,

I sent you a pm so you can see what happen and the damage it did ,no one realizes there are other critters that lurk with in there tank they know nothing about that's the reason I encourage the use of gloves ,

what ever venom is in those bristles kept eating away flesh on my arm almost like a spider bite times 50 .they were ready to cut off my lower arm any and all critters should be handled with care , any unidentified critter should be touched with bare hands ,

Ben just got lucky it was a peanut worm and not something else

Never reach in a tank with out gloves I used to neglect this rule ,
but now gloves on or I don't reach in my tanks no matter what I'm doing

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I read this post! I often clean my tank with bare hands..btw 24" bristle worm was under the LR?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom