Crooked baby!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterUtalknbout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was at the lfs buying a bamboo shrimp and some assassin snails, when i noticed this strange looking tiny fish. I asked the man what it was and he said it was just a baby guppy with a crooked back. Well the guy let me have him for free, ill attach the 2 best pictures i could of him(her?who knows). Id just like to know what anyone thinks it may be/if its inbreeding, if it will prove fatal, or if it will go away. im trying my best to accommodate him,but it is a community planted tank, with only small fish though 20190220_191637.jpg20190220_191638.jpg

It is a genetic defect probably due to inbreeding . He/she can live , but will be hampered by the defect . I would watch it and see if it can get food and is not harassed by the other fish in your tank , and if so let it live , if not the humane thing is to euthanize it . It happens . Hope this helps and sorry u have to deal with this but that is the aquarium hobby .

It is a genetic defect probably due to inbreeding . He/she can live , but will be hampered by the defect . I would watch it and see if it can get food and is not harassed by the other fish in your tank , and if so let it live , if not the humane thing is to euthanize it . It happens . Hope this helps and sorry u have to deal with this but that is the aquarium hobby .
Thank you sm, but unfortunately i read this too late. He was eaten the day i put him in the tank (i didn't think my cardinal tetras were even big enough, they aren't full adults) i wasnt worried about the special care needed or that he was deformed, i chose him to take him home and give him a nice place to live.... in theory...(he was free too so no loss no gain) <-- not the point tho

Back
Top Bottom