Crystal red shrimps, neon terra, pelco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My aquarium is ready for fish. Making final preparation for them. Ph 7, Gh 100, Kh 60, temps is 78f /24c . One hiding place. Added coral calcium for a river (its not making a change in the water yet) . What do you think? Every thing look ok?

What size tank? What kind of pleco (commons can get very big)? How did you cycle the tank (fishless)? Is ammonia disappearing every day to 0 and nitrite at 0? I'm not familiar with coral calcium.

Everything on the surface looks OK to me. :D Just be sure to acclimate them slowly. Good luck and congrats!

librarygirl said:
What size tank? What kind of pleco (commons can get very big)? How did you cycle the tank (fishless)? Is ammonia disappearing every day to 0 and nitrite at 0? I'm not familiar with coral calcium.

Everything on the surface looks OK to me. :D Just be sure to acclimate them slowly. Good luck and congrats!

Thanks. My cycling is done, my tank is 30 gallons, and my pleco is as dwarf pleco 1" max. What im worry about, is that i have decays from my dead plants. Do shrimp eat It. Or It has to be cleaned. I do clean It, but can't all remove It in 1 stroke. Apart from that inconvenient, im ready this afternoons to add fish

A dwarf pleco? Yes there are dwarf plecos, but I have not seen one that is under or is an inch, the smallest dwarf I've seen is three inches. Could you be more specific?

bruinsbro1997 said:
A dwarf pleco? Yes there are dwarf plecos, but I have not seen one that is under or is an inch, the smallest dwarf I've seen is three inches. Could you be more specific?

bristlenose Pleco. It not white like they albino. Im keeping only they smallest fish.

Alright, so for now its a Go, for adding the fish.

...Well...I say no to adding the bristlenose pleco. They get around six inches long. And while they will fit in a ten gallon, they will certainly not be happy in there. BNs really do best in a twenty gallon tank minimum. IMO no pleco fits in that small of a tank.

The tank is 30 gallons. I keep some of mine in 15g's and they are fine. They are shortfin and a few years old and only about 3-4" My longfins are substantially longer but it's all in the fins.

ok, its done, there in the tank, i buy 3 shrimps to see if they staid alive, after a week. i will add more. maibe buy a oder pelco for a friend. or replace the pleco bye something like 2 to ottos.
For now, the shrimps seam very happy. Heating they algae right away, it a good sign i think. the neon are scared but moving.

Patrice said:
ok, its done, there in the tank, i buy 3 shrimps to see if they staid alive, after a week. i will add more. maibe buy a oder pelco for a friend. or replace the pleco bye something like 2 to ottos.
For now, the shrimps seam very happy. Heating they algae right away, it a good sign i think. the neon are scared but moving.

^^ ottos is a great choice! :) awesome little guys! All u need to do is make sure nitrate stays low. Below 10ppm is the best! Also a stable ph and temp! And acclimate them slowly. I recommend drip acclimation is the best way to go! :) also buy at least 3 ottos, they do better with a bigger number! :D

Ok, it bin 3 days , and they are all alive, i have everything in order. Now, all i need to do is get 3 Otto and 6 more shrimp at 8$ each. They got a lot off algae to remove. My shrimps are gonna become fats. I probably don't need to feed them for months .

Back
Top Bottom