CUC w/out sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsay1718

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I posted this on my build thread with no responses so here it is during cycling I noticed a drip from my return pipe so I had to stop water flow. The tank is completely cycled w/out sump running it goes from 8ppm to 0 in 24 hrs. I noticed algae. Can I put a small CUC in until hubby can fix the pipe this weekend. I assume it will be fine but, I would like some advise. Thanks.

I say it would be fine I ran my tank for a long time without even having a sump

No I did have a hang on filter but I'm sure they would only have a feeding rest as long as your doing water changes constantly

I have a 90 gallon set up with no sump and I have never had any water quality issues. I have 120 pounds of live rock, 2 bio wheel 280 filters, 2 koralia 750 gph power heads, and a Coralife 125 gallon super skimmer. Up until last week I didn't have the skimmer. I would say just having CUC would be fine.

Yes they will be fine for a while without any filtration besides liverock and powerheads. Keep checking parameters and do water changes as needed.

Back
Top Bottom