Cycling not done after two months.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stinkypete85

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Was wondering if anyone has any info on why my ammonia has spiked and went down to zero and has been at zero for about a month. My nitrites have spiked and I've been doing water changes like crazy, I keep it around .50 with a liquid test. I have gravel vac'd the last few times I've done water changes. It's a thirty 29 gal tetra kit with the wisper filter. I have four live plants that have been in for about a month and a half. I use prime often to protect the fishies. I have 3 rosy barbs, 3 Odessa barbs, and four tiger barbs, all pretty small still. Any advice or does it just take longer sometimes. Tank stays about 76-77 degrees. Thanks

The cycle takes longer when you have fish. It seems weird because fish=poop which=ammonia, but since your having to do water changes to keep the fishies healthy, it tends to take longer. You seem to be on the right track though, keep up the good work and good luck!

Hang in there! started my tank with gravel from my LFS's tanks, thought i was fine and then boom! ammonia spikes. was getting 0's before. pwc's seem to be the only answer until it sets itself. just be vigilant my friend!

Back
Top Bottom