cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dgso1036

Aquarium Advice Regular
When should I start seeing the ammonia start to drop during a fishless cycle? I have a 55 gal that has been running for approximately two weeks and the ammonia hasn't dropped at all yet.

I have the tank around 81 degrees and the Ph is about 4.6. When should I start seeing it drop?

Fishless Cycling

When should I start seeing the ammonia start to drop during a fishless cycle? I have a 55 gal that has been running for approximately two weeks and the ammonia hasn't dropped at all yet.

Hello d...

I've only had success cycling a tank using fish, but do you have your tank well planted? Were you able to get some used media or a decoration, driftwood, etc. from an established tank? Have you looked into using Seachem's "Stability"?

Your tank may just need a little help to get the ammonia using bacteria growing.

B

Hi B, I'm using plastic plants. I'm new to this and haven't ventured into the live plants. I don't have any media from another tank. I have thought about putting some of the chemical with the live bacteria in it, but have read you don't need it if you use the ammonia

Back
Top Bottom