Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kowalski

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it better to do a fish less cycle or a cycle with starter fish?

Personally I like fishless cycling best. The main benefit to me is you don't have to worry about daily water changes to keep the fish healthy/alive until its cycled. A downside is that you won't have fish to look at for awhile. If you're good about monitoring water parameters and doing daily water changes then you might try fish in cycling.

There's articles on this website for both fishless and fish in cycling. You might want to read through both and see what works best for you.

Tank Cycling

Is it better to do a fish less cycle or a cycle with starter fish?

Hello K...

Cycling with fish gives you the enjoyment of having activity in the tank right away. It isn't harmful to the fish at all if you do your job of keeping track of the water chemistry. There are a number of hardy fish that will easily survive the process, but unless you can rehome them after the tank is cycled, you're stuck with fish you may not want in the tank.

I've always cycled tanks with fish and never had a problem. Just my opinion, though.

B

Back
Top Bottom