Dead frogs, please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to the aquarium life! In November I got my son an African dwaf frog, twinbar, sunburst and a fancy guppy. The frog died within 2 weeks and the sunburst soon after. I realized my water levels weren't too good and worked for a month on fixing and retaining excellent water. I bought another frog on boxing day and I woke up this morning to him dead :( thankfully my son didn't see. My levels are good, the other fish seem fine (Although I have noticed the twinbar being very aggressive lately) and I've been feeding an alternation of pellets and blood worms for the frog. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can someone please help?

Frogs and fish arent typically a good mix.

What are your water parameters precisely? Whats a normal water change schedule?

Frogs and fish arent typically a good mix.

What are your water parameters precisely? Whats a normal water change schedule?
I usually do a 30% weekly water change. My levels are 0 ammonia, nitrate 20, nitrite 0. My ph levels were a bit low around 7- I was told it was due to my frequent water changes earlier on.
When purchasing the frogs I was told they're good with other fish. But then again I went to a generic pet store and maybe they're not as knowledgeable as they should be.

Back
Top Bottom