dead snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P8ntballer52

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have three snails in a small 10gal tank. Two of the, seem to be OK. But the third one is just floatimg around the top of the tamk. He did this last we came back. I don't know what wrong

P8ntballer52 said:
So I have three snails in a small 10gal tank. Two of the, seem to be OK. But the third one is just floatimg around the top of the tamk. He did this last we came back. I don't know what wrong

Are they mystery/apple snails? That's normal for them to do that for days at a time. Does it move if you poke it gently? Or does it really stink?

P8ntballer52 said:
It was just floating. Now I set it on the not Tom of the tank a Ms its not moving now

Does it stink like something rotting? Honestly I'd leave it in the tank until you KNOW it's dead. They are very good at playing dead. I had one float for over a week, thought for sure it was dead so I threw it in the water change bucket. Dumped it into the laundry tub, swished hot water about and the stupid thing moved! Ran and chucked it into my 70g and it's still alive today, months later.

Back
Top Bottom