Death, Death, and more Death.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line I think the tank itself is contaminated. You have fish in another tank that are just fine you say. Same gravel in both tanks, same water system in both tanks.

Caleb

Bottom line I think the tank itself is contaminated. You have fish in another tank that are just fine you say. Same gravel in both tanks, same water system in both tanks.

Caleb

Actually that is not accurate. Before running this last test I suspected my water could be a problem (or the conditioner) so I setup the 20 gallon aquarium using 1 gallon jugs of spring water that didn't require any chemicals or conditioners. I also have a filter, aerators and a heater. It's a fully equipped tank that is stable. Had the gravel been contaminated (which I potentially eliminated after putting fish in the 40 gallon aquarium and they still died) the fish in the 20 gallon tank should have been showing signs of stress or illness very quickly.

And what about the filter in the 49G?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

And what about the filter in the 49G?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Again... no filter in any buckets or the 40 gallon aquarium. Adding the extra variable would immediately invalidate the test. There are only fish and water in each container (except the 20 gallon. The 20 gallon was used to ensure that all the fish I'm getting from PetSmart aren't just prone to die and that my introduction procedures aren't failing me... kind of a baseline if you will)

This thread has been heavily edited. Plain and simple, we take the be nice rule very seriously. Further issues will be followed up with individually. As the OP's question has been answered, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom