Deformed Baby Platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

domsmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
Don't know if I have a problem or this is even the right forum to be in. But I was looking at the 5 Mickey mouse platy fry in our nursery this morning. They were born 12-9. And one of them looks as though the body itself is crooked?! The others look nice and straight. This one just looks like it has a crimp, if you will, right towards the end of its body. Is this something I should be concerned with?
Other than that, the little guy seems to be swimming and eating normally.
Thanks in advance!

domsmom said:
Don't know if I have a problem or this is even the right forum to be in. But I was looking at the 5 Mickey mouse platy fry in our nursery this morning. They were born 12-9. And one of them looks as though the body itself is crooked?! The others look nice and straight. This one just looks like it has a crimp, if you will, right towards the end of its body. Is this something I should be concerned with?
Other than that, the little guy seems to be swimming and eating normally.
Thanks in advance!
I've had several guppies with cured or bent spines . It was from in breeding because they are constantly pregnant . It's good to mix it up and get fish from
Other sources . There are many causes for it, inbreeding being the most likely candidate . Mine were not sick, just had the curved spine. More info below

http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-health/aquarium-fish-deformities.aspx

Back
Top Bottom