Diamond Goby in hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just added a new diamond going to my 75 gallon tank. At first my starry blenny was chasing him around the tank. Since then my diamond goby has gone into hiding and I haven’t seen him in about four days. Not even to eat. I have no idea where he could be. How long until I should start being worried? He gets along with the rest of the fish including a yellow tang, clown fish, royal gramma and malnarus wrasse.

I would expect continued aggression between the starry blenny and the diamond goby. They might be able to find their own areas of the table to co exist, but they are in that 'maybe' grey area of will work.
The only advice is to ensure pristine water parameters, which would be the same advice towards any system that has a large tang in any tank under 6ft. So going to assume that the only thing that can be done is being done.

I would expect continued aggression between the starry blenny and the diamond goby. They might be able to find their own areas of the table to co exist, but they are in that 'maybe' grey area of will work.
The only advice is to ensure pristine water parameters, which would be the same advice towards any system that has a large tang in any tank under 6ft. So going to assume that the only thing that can be done is being done.

Yes! It seams the the goby has found a place on the opposite side of the tank to call home. As well as a few strategically placed tunnels throughout the tank it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom