Dinosaur Bichir! Awesome!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like that fish too.
When I'm getting my next tank (75 gal) I will get one as well.
Currently I am fish cycling a 10 gal (tough w/small tanks lol)
Btw, do you know if they are compatible with Black Ghosts?
I can't wait to see a pic of yours and the fish tank when you have the camera available.

I love my bichirs. What tankmates do you have with him? Ive kept mine in a species only tank. They've been unsuccessful with any other fish. I feed mine live guppies, beefheart, carnivore pellets, and bloodworms.

Bully405Customz said:
I love mine too! So fun to watch!

Very cool ur Bichir :)
I am planning to get one when I get my 75 gal, now I only have a 10 gal.
Do you know if can be tankmate with a Black Ghost?
Ty

Ahhhhh!!!! Hahahah i have a 40 and want one sooooooo badley!! Darndarndarn my lfs even has one darndarndarn

I like that fish too.
When I'm getting my next tank (75 gal) I will get one as well.
Currently I am fish cycling a 10 gal (tough w/small tanks lol)
Btw, do you know if they are compatible with Black Ghosts?
I can't wait to see a pic of yours and the fish tank when you have the camera available.

I've never had the dinosaur bicher, but have done the ornate bicher. They have a tendency to attack sleeping fish in my experience. I wouldn't do one with a black ghost as my ornate would often attack decent sized loaches before the bicher ended up escaping the tank. (all the fish in the bicher family I've worked with seem good at finding the holes in the tank lid.)

I have also done ropefish, which are from the same family. They are proportionately longer, but not as agressive in my opinion. I also like their coloration with an olive topside and an orange bottomside. They might be okay with the black ghost if you provide lots of caves for them to set up seperate hidey holes.

Back
Top Bottom