DIY acclimation "domaflicky" W/PIC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have always thought it was a pain to drip acclimate corals/fish because I had to constantly monitor the airline. Do to it being so flexible the knots would tighten/kink and I had to constantly adjust the knots to maintain proper flow. This weekend I ripped out my spray bar and made a new one with a new acclimation "domaflicky" on it. I have 5 separate valves and lines that I can adjust the drip rate on without worrying about it changing etc the bags clamp onto the bar and I just come by every hour and take a little of the water out. Just thought I would share. I works great.

Very cool invention... I bought one of these from the pet store. It is an airline splitter and has the same controls on it. It even has a clip on it to secure it to the edge of the tank!

:D

Very cool. They sell airline hose valves that slide into the end of the airline a they work great to control the water flow.

I tried the airline valves but I like this because. The bags sit in the refugium so the water temp is maintained. The hoses are all pressurized so no siphon.

Your lucky and have a fuge bigger then most peoples tanks :mrgreen:

If I had your set up I would probably have a sweet set up like that also.

Back
Top Bottom