DIY Aquarium backround

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel_fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yes i know its sexy. The water is a bit cloudy still from the new gravel, but the whole background I made myself. Foam board, silicon glue, and dry loc were the materials I used and it took about a week. All the utilities are hidden yet intricately designed for maximum efficiency. The plants on the piece are fake as i wasn't sure about graphing them on foam, or for the mater letting roots destroy it. I will be getting real plants for the foreground. The tank is 75 gallons i bought it for 300$ with canister filter heater and stand, the background materials cost a total of 65$ and the dolomite gravel about 40$. So once cycled it will be time to look at getting some awesome fish.

Attachments

• image-346901346.jpg
    image-346901346.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 295
Its kinda funny, i changed the water so many times to rinse off any residue. The water company sent a letter saying "the excessive use of your water this month may indicate a broken pipe, we advise you call in an inspector or plumbing professional to ensure damages have not occurred." Lol

Back
Top Bottom