DIY Heater box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am trying to find a good heater that has casing around it that is decent but no luck on that. So i was thinking a mini sump on the back so i can just keep the heater hidin and keeps my fished unfried. So i was thinking a simple HOB just modified a little bit but i could see some melting involved. So i need some ides in something to coat it in maybe something else to use. Any ideas?

I was thinking pvc but would that not melt as well?

Uhh... why don't you take a pvc tube, spray it with Krylon black, drill a bunch of holes in it and then put your heater in that and the whole assembly in the tank.

A HOB refugium may serve your needs as well...

Uhh... why don't you take a pvc tube, spray it with Krylon black, drill a bunch of holes in it and then put your heater in that and the whole assembly in the tank.

A HOB refugium may server your needs as well...

Ya, i could do that. Why i didnt think of that because that would work perfectly. But i might have a extra HOB around here to use. That would help gide it. Thanks. The heater wont melt it? I dont know how hot they will get.

I would make sure there is lots of flow around the heater if you do the PVC route. Could run into serious problems otherwise. I had the same issue with my heater and my seahorses, for whatever reason they loved to hang on to it.

I would make sure there is lots of flow around the heater if you do the PVC route. Could run into serious problems otherwise. I had the same issue with my heater and my seahorses, for whatever reason they loved to hang on to it.

Ya, lots of fish seem to do that. I think it is because its the closest thing to the warm water source. I think i am gonna do it in the PVC in the filter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom