DIY LED Light hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristall-99

Aquarium Advice Regular
So ive finally got all my supplies in. 2 1000ma buckpucks with controllers. 6 White cree's 6 blue cree's and 1 24v 6.5amp psu Now im not familure with this kind of PSU setup Im going to assume L and N are + - from the wall and the V+ and V- are to run the buck pucks on different strings.

I got this PSU So you can see what im talking about.

L and N refer to the line voltage (AC). L is "live" or "hot" and N is neutral. The black wire is usually the "hot" and the white wire is your neutral. Green is ground.

V+ and V- is the output to the controllers.

Matt

I thought it would have, but it didnt. i looked at the MPJa website for a PDF manual but still no luck

Hello,
FG does indeed appear to be the ground connection. Does the MPJA PSU have the same symbol next to the FG marking? If so, then its a ground terminal. You will want to connect the green wire from your power cord (if its a three prong cable) to the FG (if its what we think it is).

Matt

just to be on the safe side,test between the fg terminal and the metal casing using ohms/bell setting on your tester,it should beep or show 0 if it's the ground.

I have the same PSU. FG is ground/green. I grabbed a "power tool replacement cord" from Husky at home depot. You are going to want the 3 prong cord. Works like a charm, I'm posting my completed LED build tonight when I get home from work, if you need any visuals for wiring.

Also, beware of soldering irons...not that i have personal experience...:p

Back
Top Bottom