DIY moonlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sorry about the crappy cellphone pic, looks much better in person. Took about a half hour to get set up and everything, cost $20. But what I was wondering is would this actually work as a night light or would leaving it on just stress out my fish? Its not an actual moonlight, just some blue led strips so I don't think it actually simulates moonlight at all. Any opinions appreciated.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110725_213351.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110725_213351.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 287
Nice, I was thinking of doing the samething. I was going to buy the leds from an auto parts store.

Thats what I did. I got the pack that has 2 12" flexible strips and mounted them on the inside of the top rim on both sides. It looks great in person. So far my fish don't seem to mind it and my black ghost knife comes out more with it on

No I don't and I already threw away the package, sorry. But its just called flex light and its the 24" one. The package has a little button you can push to sample the light. Its cost $20 at auto zone

I bought 1 last week and I forgot how long it was, all I know the strip came bended somewhat and when I went to straighten it out I broke it.

Wow thats some BS, you take it back? Mine came in a thing and was slightly bent but it was really flexible and worked great. I just cut the wires and hooked it up to a 12v wall plug in

Yes I did, is the strip black the leds are tiny and like an inch apart?

This is what I picked up, it came with tape at the top.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 172
That does look pretty sweet. What power cord actually comes with it though as if it's marketed for cars is it like a 12v cigarette plug?

Thanks. It comes with a little battery pack but the instructions even say to cut it off and use a 12v power source cuz the battery pack is just for sample use. I just found an old 12v phone charger

thanks for postin bro ! im gonna pick some up tommoroow

I bought the 8" and put it on the 12g and its pretty bright, looks nice at night.

Back
Top Bottom