diy overflow wall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrudd013

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im looking to build my overflow in the corner of my tank. I basically want to silicone a plastic piece in the back corner from the floor to the top w the overflow grate cut into the top. Can anyone suggest the material to build this with?

I think most any type of acrylic sheeting ought to work, as long as it's not super thin. There's even places you can go on the internet to buy cut-to-order pieces.

I've been searching for some time now. All I can find are premade overflow boxes. I google cut to order. Thanks for the reply.

I think most home improvement stores should have sheets of plastic, too, if you don't mind cutting everything yourself.

Id much rather cut it myself. Im gone check a few places here in town befor I order anything. Thanks for the info.

What you can do is get the acrylic or glass cut to the size you want. Then check out Aqua Medic around the net. They have a pvc "gate" section you can glue to the top of the cut piece you have. The "gate" or screen portion..if you will..will be removable for cleaning. We did similar years ago with Dupla tanks while in the USA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

- Look for overflow comb - aquamedic may have it

You could try making a DIY over flow comb by using a section of the plastic strip that is found on the back of glass tops/canopy. You would of course cut the comb's teeth to the necessary width and depth. The plastic strip has a "clasping edge" that you can use to mount onto the top of the overflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Great Idea! That would have saved a few bucks over the years..when we were using the Germany import combs! :)

Yea great idea. I may got for that one. Still looking at options. Thanks for all the replys.

Back
Top Bottom