Do anemones die without light for 10 hours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not sure it would die but it wouldn't be happy about it! Did your light break?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No. I usually turn off the tank light at night then turn it back on when I wAke up in the morning. Is that ok?

Ya, that happens in nature after all. And I mean no offense by this but based on a question like this, your probably not ready for a nem. If I remember correctly, your tank is a pretty young nano, which also isn't ready for a nem.

Ok. Got you. Thanks...

I would not put a anem in a tank under a year old. My 280 was two years old before I put my first BTA in the tank and than I watch her like a hawk to make sure she was happy and stable.

Yes, you should have a period of total darkness over night. What kind of lighting do you have? Agree with the above posters, if your tank is still young it is not ready for a nem. Nor are nanos good either - btas can grow big and hard to keep in small systems...

+1 Bec
Mine went from 1" to 6" in 4 months she was in a 20 gallon QT. And when she was put in my main tank she went from to 6" to full grown 12" in 7 months. She is now 11 years old and is the star in my friends 400 gallon

Back
Top Bottom