Do I have room?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Cakes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All: I am stocking up, have been running successfully for a few months (despite the leak over 4th of July).

I am stocking up my future reef tank with it active inhabitants and I am wondering if I still have room for the following:

2 false perc clowns
2 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 anemone
Assorted snails and crabs as needed
Corals as desired

setup (from my profile)

55gal
80lbs LR/Base/Reef rock
1 1/2 - 2 in sand bed
760 gph Flow from Powerheads
300gph flow from an empty HOB filter on back
Red Sea Prizm Protein Skimmer

1 Coral Beauty ( I am going to take the chance with corals on this beautiful guy)
3 sm Green Chromis
1 Orange Tail Damsel (I know, I know, no damsels. The wife bought it and he is actually schooling nicely with the Chromis)
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Feather Duster
5 Margarita Snails
3 Turbo Snails
8 Scarlet Hermits
3 Blue Leg Hermits

So do you think I'm stretching it, or do I still have room?

If I do have room, would adding the above finish up the tank, or might I have room for a few more chromis or even a goby to pair up with a shrimp?

Thanks for the help.

Your list contains too many fish as it is...and the anemone should not go into an unseasoned tank....

Are the shrimp and crabs okay to add though?

So what are you basing the statement on, the size of the fish, number of fish, the fact that I want corals in there as well?

The anemone was not going to go in for a few more months.

The number and eventual size of the fish, you have listed about 16 inches of adult fish. the little chromis will grow....corals dont figure into it unless you want to consider the fact that they will use up swimming room. You might not want to add anymore crabs, they can be coral nippers, they kill snails for the shells etc. Shrimp will be ok.

Great. I understand now. Thanks allot for the help.

I plan on adding tanks as life goes on, so Ill transplant s couple from here as things get bigger.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom