Do lionfish get ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lionfish14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two lionfish one of them has cloudy eyes and will not eat. If he has ich should I use Kordon ich attack treatment? I am not sure though if he has ich for sure or not, how can I tell?

Usually a cloudy eye is a bacterial problem. Pwc's and pristine water conditions will help the situation.

melosu58 said:
Usually a cloudy eye is a bacterial problem. Pwc's and pristine water conditions will help the situation.

+1. Lions are pretty bulletproof. The cloudy eye can be fixed but has to be caught early on

Thank you started medication called melafix that someone suggested. His eye looks a little better but it has only been a day since I added the melafix.

Make sure you are keeping the water pristine too. Poor water quality is often the cause of cloudy eyes, so treating for something bacterial and not having good quality water is just going to end up with the same thing again.

Melafix does not treat parasites , so if it was Ich, that will do nothing to help. Did not sound like it, but just as an FYI.

Thank you started medication called melafix that someone suggested. His eye looks a little better but it has only been a day since I added the melafix.

I wouldn't depend on melafix to treat an active infection at all. It helps prevent them but as far as treatment it isn't going to be enough. Go big or go home in this case because if the infection progresses too far it could be permanent.

I personally used triple sulfa to treat a flame angels cloudy/swollen eye and it worked like a charm

Back
Top Bottom