do they sting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm4pm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello
i have 2 clowns in my tank and they have dark marks on there body. im not sure if they are ill or they are being stung by something . i dont have eny coral but i have got some live rock with all sorts off cretins living on it. the most obvious that may sting are small what looks like Cotton wool buds. i also have what looks like sea anemones growing on it . i now clowns are immune but do they have to build their immunity or are they born with it.
soz but i dont have any pics to show you.
thanks barry

hello
i have 2 clowns in my tank and they have dark marks on there body. im not sure if they are ill or they are being stung by something . i dont have eny coral but i have got some live rock with all sorts off cretins living on it. the most obvious that may sting are small what looks like Cotton wool buds. i also have what looks like sea anemones growing on it . i now clowns are immune but do they have to build their immunity or are they born with it.
soz but i dont have any pics to show you.
thanks barry

Are these clowns young? Mine developed spots on them when they were young. Little sea anemones sound like Aiptasias and they are very bad. Can you get a picture of them, and the spots?

I believe clowns are not immune, but more resistant to stings than other fish due to a thicker slime coat. If they get stressed and lose some slime, those Aiptasias will sting them.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom