Done with canisters :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toad

Aquarium Advice Addict
So after a few weeks of playing 'where's the leak' and a few years of 'why does this flow suck?' I'm ditching my fluval 304 and going back to hob. After today's disaster with the clamps suddenly leaking everywhere I went to storage and dug out my old penguin from high school that's been one of a small collection of warhorse filters and hooked it back up, but now I'm stuck without the lid being able to fit unless I move the whole tank forward a quarter of an inch.

Sometimes I question this hobby... :p

Try the newer fluval canisters. Or even a new Eheim canister. They improve with every newer model. ..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tried a Fluval 206 a few months back. It leaked. Suspected damage during shipping. Swapped it for a new model off the shelf (Petco). Leaking was not a problem but the incessant humming could only be quieted by insulating my cabinet with foam. Air in the body was not the issue. Eventually returned it as well and went back to my AC50. Might try an eheim next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll say one thing, my only experience with fluval canisters was about the same but, I love my Eheim classic canisters, and they're super quiet! I do love the AC hobs too though.

Back
Top Bottom