Don't believe it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve2223

Aquarium Advice Regular
I knew I had snails but didn't realize how many till I turned my tank light on 3AM Sat. Morning I quit counting at 25 and didn't cover half of the tank pond snails must be light sensitive because I'd only see one or two during the day. I don't like snails I went out and bought 3 yoyo loaches. I went and turned the light on late last night, not a snail, are they hiding? Could 3, -inch and a quarter yoyo's get rid of all those snails that quick or are they hiding? Any answers?

steve2223
Thank you

Hi Steve,

A good way to find out is to put a washed lettuce leaf in your tank (weighted with a stone so it stays on the bottom) last thing at night and check it for snails first thing in the morning...
You then pull the lettuce leaf out and destroy the buggers, for example by dropping the leaf into a cup of bleach or extremely salty water.
I used that method several nights in a row (fresh leaf and different stone each time, you don't want to put bleach into your tank!) to get rid of a snail infestation I had once, and it worked! Just keep at it until the leaves come out with no snails...
Hope this helps!

The lettuce leaf plan works well, but you have to be fast taking it out. Those snails are fast little critters:lol:

Back
Top Bottom