driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks nice, and I like the idea of drilling holes in it for plants I may have to steal that!

Sake said:
Looks nice, and I like the idea of drilling holes in it for plants I may have to steal that!

Be my guest lol, I had to do it because my balloon Mollies keep uprooting my plants. I'm not to keen on the gravel in the tank (my other half picked it out) I think I'm going with sand next it will give my tank a more natural look

Love that DW and the drill the hole idea. I am getting some this week and will have to try this. Did you drill through so the roots go into the gravel or just made a little pocket?

Autumnsky said:
Love that DW and the drill the hole idea. I am getting some this week and will have to try this. Did you drill through so the roots go into the gravel or just made a little pocket?

One of them has a pocket and one it drilled all the was through, kinda wanted to try it both ways to see which one will do better. I found my dw right in the creek so I didn't have to wait for it to sink but I soaked it and boiled it to get the ickies out

Autumnsky said:
Any opinion of which way the holes worked best?

One of them was drilled with a circle drill bit with a connecting pilot bit. so it created a pocket in the logs along with a small hole. I believe that that one works the best

Back
Top Bottom