Driftwood??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes that's what he meant, most carwashes have a setting for high powered rinse. It's just like using a power washer.

So... You put the driftwood where? On the roof? I'm sorry I'm just a bit confused. I know car washes have settings for high power washers but how would that work?

Maybe NY, NJ, CT and PA car washes are different?

Anyway case back on topic. I wouldn't take it to a car wash. Boiling it is fine or even soaking it will do...

If you use the dishwasher you want to run your dishwasher on an empty load to be sure if any reside/food is rinsed away. I actually had to do this once but before doing that spray or knock any loose debris off so you don't get alot of gunk in your dishwater. Then after removing from the dishwasher I'd run another empty load with soap to clean it out before using it on your dishes.

Of course he could have meant a car wash that has a power washer, like those self serve ones.
Looking at it any other way would have been ridiculous, kind sir, but I should have been more specific. In my neck of the woods (no pun intended), people use the pressure washers at self-serve carwashes to clean just about anything their little heart desires. And change is needed, as it is not a free service. Heck, you can even use dollar bills these days. Who would have thought?

David

Looking at it any other way would have been ridiculous, kind sir, but I should have been more specific. In my neck of the woods (no pun intended), people use the pressure washers at self-serve carwashes to clean just about anything their little heart desires. And change is needed, as it is not a free service. Heck, you can even use dollar bills these days. Who would have thought?

David

Yeah I figured that, was just having fun. "Kind sir" makes me sound old lol. Didn't mean to offend. Please call me Dino

If you use the dishwasher you want to run your dishwasher on an empty load to be sure if any reside/food is rinsed away. I actually had to do this once but before doing that spray or knock any loose debris off so you don't get alot of gunk in your dishwater. Then after removing from the dishwasher I'd run another empty load with soap to clean it out before using it on your dishes.

Makes total sense to me

I think the dishwasher is a really good idea, but I'm afraid all the soap won't wash out. I am so paranoid when it comes to my fish...

I found two pieces of driftwood. Are they supposed to feel soft, like kind of squishy?

If they are soft they are breaking down/rotting and personally I wouldn't use them.

If they are soft they are breaking down/rotting and personally I wouldn't use them.

Only one was soft. My husband said it was cotton wood, and we aren't using it. I have another small piece that is oak. It is in really good shape!

Back
Top Bottom