Drilling my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveness123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all. I want to get my tank drilled as I don't fully trust DIY overflows or any over tank overflows so Im taking my tank to get it drilled. Only issues with this is its a 120 litre tank and I only have a 40 litre tank spare what would I do with the water live stock and corrals? I want to try and avoid a big water change.

Need some advise please guys

I'm from the uk. I'm trying to avoid having to by another tank while I'm getting it drilled out

Then just put them in the spare. I don't think I understand what your asking. So you have a running tank that you want to add a sump to right? If so I see 3 options 1 use the tank you have , 2 buy another tank (never bad to have a spare tank laying around should something unforeseen happen) , 3 don't add the sump

Or get a large heavy duty plastic storage bin and put the water and livestock in there temporarily.

That sounds like a good idea it'll only be for a day or two at most

you can always go with one of those pond type tubs from your local hardware store. and if you don't mind me asking, why do you not trust overflows? i have had one for months now and no issues. even went through a power outrage with it and it kept flow going once the power turned on.

Back
Top Bottom