Dropsy problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowRider

Aquarium Advice Activist
My adult male green sailfin Molly seems to be developing dropsy.
I only see the Pine cone on the very bottom of the fish along its stomach running down to the tail very thin line.
It's not the whole stomach it's just a a thin line from the midsection down to its tail.
Is there any hope for saving it?
I plan on doing a 75% water change tonight as I've neglected the water changing.

I recently had a fish with dropsy. I quarantined it and did a salt dip. The swelling went down but the fish never recovered and ended up dying:( I have good water parameters too. The fish was being picked on and chased by other danios for some reason and I believe that it is why it developed dropsy. You might could try a salt dip before it gets too bad to help with the swelling. I had been out of town for a few days so by the time I noticed my danio had dropsy, it was pretty bad with sores and a curved spine. Maybe early intervention will help with yours. A water change is always a good idea. I don't usually like too change too much water at once as it can throw off my parameters a bit. What are your water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom