Dwarf Gourami Red Mark Under Mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
My dwarf gourami had this red thing coming out of his skin under his mouth

mDtOqrt.jpg

I know this one is blurry but you can see it hanging off
Qo8nNle.jpg

It could be an ulcer, which is a bacterial infection and it gets worse quickly, however there are plenty of anti-ulcer treatments. The only other thing I can think of is mouth rot, which is like fin rot, but on the mouth, if it is this the fish's mouth will look decayed and the red could be one of the patches of fluffy stuff that can be either pink or white. One of my neon tertras had this and medication after medication all that happened is that it went away for a few days. From the picture though my best guess would be that its and ulcer. If i am right, watch that the fish doesn't get a fungal infection around the ulcer though, as this can lead to further problems.

It could be an ulcer, which is a bacterial infection and it gets worse quickly, however there are plenty of anti-ulcer treatments. The only other thing I can think of is mouth rot, which is like fin rot, but on the mouth, if it is this the fish's mouth will look decayed and the red could be one of the patches of fluffy stuff that can be either pink or white. One of my neon tertras had this and medication after medication all that happened is that it went away for a few days. From the picture though my best guess would be that its and ulcer. If i am right, watch that the fish doesn't get a fungal infection around the ulcer though, as this can lead to further problems.

Okay thank you !

It almost looked like a wormish thing coming or at 1 point say like if you popped a long stringy zit.

Mine had the same. It popped out just under one fin, then disappeared, then another popped out just under a gill, and disappeared. Not had anything since and it's been months now. No idea what it was but it didn't seem to bother the fish and healed on its own after 2 or 3 days each time.

Mine had the same. It popped out just under one fin, then disappeared, then another popped out just under a gill, and disappeared. Not had anything since and it's been months now. No idea what it was but it didn't seem to bother the fish and healed on its own after 2 or 3 days each time.

Okay cool thank you ! It's weird might just be like a cyst if fish can get those

Back
Top Bottom