dwarf honey gouramis sick ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mle77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have 2 dwarf yellow gouramis, and they are ill. One almost always is lying at the bottom, and only comes up to get air occasionally. The other is more active but hides.
They are eating, and poop isn't funky, so I am thinking it's not parasites. I have 7 guppies, and 3 Amano shrimp, and a random albino tiger barb. They are all fine. Does anyone have any ideas. I want to help them.
Also, water tested fine for everything.
Thanks!

Could you please tell us more about the tank?
How long has the tank been set up? How big is the tank? How long have you had the dg? Does everybody in the tank get along, or is there any bullying or excessive chasing or anything like that? Is the tank planted? What are the exact numbers that you got from your water test? What kind of test kit did you use?

My tank has been up for 10 months. Surprisingly (even the barb) does not pick on anyone. It is a 20 gallon. Dg's are almost 2 months in my tank. Guppies have been between 2 and 4 months, as I added them 3 at a time. The barb has been there for 6 months.

API freshwater test kit. Nitrites are zero, nitrates are 20, Ph 7, ammonia 0, alk 10.

Well, dg can be rather shy sometimes. Just because one is hiding doe snot indicate that it is unhealthy. Is the tank planted? Having plants (real or fake) and decor sometimes helps out shy fish.
How are they doing now? Is there any other behavior that makes you think that they are sick?

Back
Top Bottom