dwarf puffer tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi, so i just recently got two dwarf puffers and was wondering if i could add some kuhli loaches to their tank? do you think they will get along fine? thanks :)

The only tank mates for dwarf puffers that I've come across are ottos... but then again I don't know much about kuhli loaches. How big is your tank?

bruinsbro1997 said:
IMO I think 10 gallons is a little wee bit too small for khulis. Maybe a heavily planted species tank instead for the little guys?

I would have to agree... Puffers are cool on their own though:)

okay i already have 2 dps in the 10g. but do you think kuhlis and dps could get along? (if the tank was bigger for the kuhlis)

Maybe if the tank was bigger, and also if you had some sand as a substrate, that way if they were ever bothered by the DPs they could just burrow in the sand.

No tank buddies for 2 dwarf puffers in your 10g. They are primarily bottom to mid-level fishes who are territorial. A loach will be in puffer territory. Don't even put in ottos since ottos like to stay in groups in a 20+gal.

Back
Top Bottom