Dwarf Puffers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J as always

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am starting a new tank in the kitchen and it is cycling as we speak. It is a 48l fishbox. It has a far better filter than it was sold with do the water quality shouldn't be an issue. Would this be a suitable tank for some dwarf puffers or do they need something larger. Any help on this would be great! Here is the tank as it stands at the moment. J

Attachments

• image-71592729.jpg
    image-71592729.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 129
You would be ok to have 3 Dwarf Puffers in the tank. It looks like you have some good hiding spots as well. Just make sure it is cycled before hand. I believe it would be a good home for them.

1 male and 1 female dwarf puffer. Keep yourself above the minimum tank req for less problems in the future ;)

You're just under whats considered by some to be the minimum size for a dwarf puffer tank.

The key here is you need to break the line of sight so that the puffers can hide from the others when needed. I would add another cave or two, and maybe put a tall bushy plant near one of the back corners to create a semi hidden alcove.

Having just started a DP tank in a 7.9gal (the fluval Ebi) last week with 2 puffers in it, I would suggest for your tank, 2 would be the ideal quantity.

My puffers have very defined territories and I'm a little worried that there isn't enough room for them to avoid boredom. I'm very tempted to take one back to the LFS I got him from.

Dwarf Puffers : Home is a great resource for anything related.

Thanks ever so much for the comments. I just love those little guys. So much character! J

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom