Dwarf Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bloodroot

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so I have recently gotten a community tank and the after stocking it fell in love with these little guys. Then just this week have gotten a couple new tanks for really really cheap with all the needed pieces! So I am thinking about setting up a species tank for at least a breeding pair.

So I have been reading and here are the questions I am still left with...

1. Can they share a space with a bristle nose pleco?
2. Freshwater or Brackish?
3. I have read that they can be alone in one place and then in another that they want to school... which one?
4. I have read anything from a 3 gallon tank to a 30 gallon needing to be a minimum... help?
5. I keep on reading they are picky eaters. What have people found to work? Do you do live food? would baby snails work well?
6. I have read that puffer's teeth keep on growing and growing if they don't eat enough crunchy things. How are dwarf puffers for this?
7. is the stripe on a male pretty easy to see? Will it be able to pick out a male and female out at the pet store?
8. I can cycle the filter in my community tank and even steal sand and water from it to have a completely ready water. Anything else I should think about with preparing the water for the little guys?
9. any other information that you think can help?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom